The Canterbury Masters Figure Skating Club (CMFSC) has it’s origins in an informal skating club – the Alpine Ice Arena’s “coffee club”. This is held twice weekly, and has fostered enthusiasm for ice skating amongst a wide range of adults for many years. The CMFSC was founded in 2004 as a response to this enthusiasm.
Membership is open to skaters of all ages and abilities.
The goals of the Club –
- to help all the members, particularly adults, to improve their skating skills in a friendly and helpful atmosphere
- run competitions – to give members an opportunity to test themselves, and show their abilities and improvement
- provide opportunities for members to expand their knowledge of skating off the ice as well as on
- promote social events………….
New Members are always welcome – go to the membership page
- Arnold Schmidt – Patron
- Jeanne Begej – President
- Kirsty Cox – Vice President
- Liz Sarjeant – Treasurer
- Vanessa Anderson – Secretary
- Jeanette King – Test and Competition Secretary
- Other Members – Alastair Christie, Kanako Johnson, Bridget Jones, Sarah Ross and Josie Wright
- Kath Craven – to 2018
The CMFSC Constitution (2009) spells out the purpose of the club, the types of membership and how to belong and responsibilities.